Skip to main content

Supporters

Supporters are going to support
while the haters are going to hate
but while the haters are busy hating
I won't let them disturb my fate
you see I have a dream
just as anyone else
Whose goal is to be successful
and it should seem
that the new me
I am better than my old self which is helpful
We hustle and we grind already with fear of failure clouding our minds
In a place where to be liked or to get a single like is simply too much for someone's time
Putting more emphasis on the negativity in one's life
Where the measure of positivity gets lack of accolades and fails to compare in the struggle to applaud what's right
Understand that it isn't just about me
It's about him and him and them and we
Together building a future to keep us off these streets
To make sure and ensure that they have more than enough food to eat
More than enough knowledge to speak
more than enough love to keep
to be restless and sleepless and unable to sleep
While finding yourself laying in your bed counting sheep
With nothing but the vision of a prosperous existence flooding your thoughts
Thoughts become things as respect is what is taught
A supporter would walk thru the fires of judgments with you
Correcting non supporters whom lack a complete understanding of why it is they support what you do
Wouldn't have to be singled out to promote your cause
And if one failed, wouldn't magnify your flaws
Appreciate your tremendous contributions to the existence of a wealthy life
Won't judge you or once your back is turned bury a knife, In it
In it to win it and this much is true
True, we all have our own lives to live
yet with me living mine to the fullest, I still have time to give
If anything, a lil positive feedback which is free
where some don't seem to have enough time for me
and that's not okay
Being supportive of people and their ventures and future endeavors especially if it positively improves their lives
has never cost anyone anything, except for a moment of their time
It just hurts to realize that the ones you think are loyal, the ones who you think have your best interest at heart
are the very same ones who would sell you out for a bit of sunshine just to get themselves out the dark
Looking for those supporters who if you had a business, they wouldn't always want a hook up, a discount, stuff for free
When you make it big, those will be the first ones with you to get down on one knee
And pray to God, thanking God for your blessings of His glory
For when I make it, we all make it and that's not even the end of my story
Instead of being a non supporter in line with their hands out looking at you as if you owe them something
you can't get blood out of a turnip and instead, they get turned away with nothing
Entrepreneurs can relate to the feelings I feel of blood, sweat and tears
years, in a dedicated passion of their career field of choice
So to all of my supporters, I'm thanking you all with my voice
Thanks for your support, purchases, likes, invites, encouragements and shares

And last but not least, thank you all for showing me that you care!
Marcia S. McNeill © 2015

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Restless sleep

When you can’t sleep, count sheep But the sheep don’t appear The echoing of your name Is the only thing I hear In my mind, as if my brain Vanishes, leaving an open space Throughout the village of mountains I hear the echo and in the snow I see your face When you can’t sleep, count sheep Still the sheep aren’t in sight The fire in my mind that burns for you During sleep, once again ignites Toss and turn in restless sleep To get close to you, I sometimes walk In reality you’re not around So why in my dreams, do you stalk? When you can’t sleep, count sheep But when I do, the sheep quickly turn Into sweet memories of you In restless sleep you need me When I awaken, it’s not true written by Marcia S. McNeill From: More than a Title book

The Urge

Fighting back the urge The uncontrollable Unbearable, Urge ... The urge to not make the next move For my next move is supposed to be my best move Well, isn’t that true? What’s a girl to do? Do I call? Do I text? Do I text, do I call? Do I call, do I text? Please enlighten me on what to do next Feeling as though the mere thought Of, you Is pulling at a part of my heart that I refuse to let go Waiting on you to reach out to me Has me over here losing my control As my story begins to unfold Lies in my head are told “I’m okay” That maybe just maybe I am better off “This way” Then maybe I’m just crazy and I shouldn’t be so soft I scoff, as I cough appearing at a lost For words, better yet for thoughts all together When I stepped out and took this leap of faith I just knew that this time would be better Yet I find myself sitting here all alone once again Trying to hold it all together Thoughts of you that ring true Has her throbbing, she’s becoming wetter And

Bigger than mine (New)

Hours upon hours I listen to your pain and minute after minute you make me feel more ashamed ashamed of who I am, ashamed of my accomplishments ashamed of doing better than you, you're always passing judgements have you ever just took the time to ask your own self why? why  your life is filled with such misery, maybe you're the reason behind your demise blaming everyone except yourself, unable to accept responsibility for your actions instead putting others down who had nothing to do with your pain, brings you satisfaction what a tangled web you weave, getting stuck within your own web I hold on to every word you say, and still can't get what's going on inside your head how can you expect good to come out of the multiply bad things that come out your mouth your crude ideas and wicked thoughts are what's gonna keep your lips stuck in a pout nothing I can do and there's nothing I could ever say to make you change your song of sorrow that you sing to m